We believe in the tenets of historical Christianity as summarized in the Apostle’s Creed, the Nicene Creed, Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Belgic Confession.
We believe the following:
- Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone on account of Christ alone.
- the Bible alone is the word of God and the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- There is one God eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and born of a virgin. His life was without sin; He performed miracles; He died on the cross, rose from the grave, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return in power and glory.
- God offers redemption and restoration to ALL who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 For 6:9-11).
- Every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accordance with Scripture nor the doctrines of Veritas Classical Academy.
- God created the heavens and earth, including all life, by a direct, supernatural act, and not by a process of evolution.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, comfort, sanctify, seal, reprove, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost will happen. Those who are saved will obtain the resurrection of life; those who are lost will suffer the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the sanity of all human life. This life should be protected, nurtured and helped from the moment of conception (when life begins), until death occurs naturally.
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27).
- Scripture teaches marriage to be the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union (Gen 2:18-25). God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 For 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- In order to preserve the function and integrity of Veritas Classical Academy as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the Veritas Classical Academy members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Veritas Classical Academy in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22).